Philadelphia Fish House Punch with Yaupon cocktail recipe
- 1 Bottle of dark Jamaican Rum (750ml)
- 2 cups Cognac
- 1/2 cup peach brandy
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (We used Meyer Lemons, reserve the peels)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups Dark Roast Lost Pines Yaupon Tea (brewed at 2 teaspoons per cup)
- Peel the lemons without going to far into the white pith. Juice the lemons to get 1 cup of lemon juice. Mix the lemon peels with the sugar and muddle. Let sit for 30 minutes while you start working on the rest of the recipe.
- Mix rum, Cognac, brandy and lemon juice together.
- Bring 4 cups or water to boil, turn off and stir in 8 teaspoons (8 teaspoons is just shy of 3 tablespoons) of Dark Roast Lost Pines Yaupon Tea. Let steep for about 5 minutes. (Tip: if you're in a hurry you can bring 2 cups of water to boil, turn off, stir in the yaupon and then dilute with 2 more cups of ice cold water)
- Once the tea is done, mix with the lemon sugar. (We dumped the sugar and lemon peel mixture in together, stirred till the sugar was dissolved then strained the tea and peels out with a sieve while pouring into the rum, Cognac, brandy, lemon juice mixture).